11 December 2005

Remote_'s favourite releases of 2005

It's been an amazing year for the sort of minimal electronic sounds that I hold dear to my heart and picking 10 (why is it always a top 10?) would have menat that I had to squeeze out a few things that I genuinely love.

So, I've decided to do 15 in no particular order to give you an idea of exactly what's been floating my boat in 2005.


Various - Small Melodies - Spekk - CD

Fenton - Pup - Plop - CD

Level - Cycla - Spekk - CD

Studio Pankow - Linienbusse - City Centre Offices - LP/CD

Bretschneider + Steinbruchel - Status - 12k - CD

Filfla - Frame - Plop - CD

Loscil - First Narrows - Kranky - CD

Pub - Liltmor - Ampoule- CD

Deaf Center - Pale Ravine - Type - LP/CD

Minamo - Shining - 12k - CD

Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto - Insen - Raster Noton - LP/CD

Marsen Jules - Herbstlaub - City Centre Offices - LP/CD

Level - Shimmer - Polymorphic Music - MP3

Kyo Ichinose - Lontano - Cubic Music - CD

Rod Modell - Vibrasound (The Deepchord Years 1999-2004) - Silentes - CD



So there you have it. A list of wonderful electronic sounds that have been the soundtrack to the generally rather good year that was 2005.

Hopefully you'll agree with me on most of these, but if not, feel free to tell me why!

Peace and a merry Christmas to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home